Please note that the lead time for this product to be dispatched is two weeks from order although it will be dispatched sooner where possible.
This YSS Shock Absorber has been purpose built for the CX500 monoshock conversion and branded as the CX Files Kit developed by Suspension-Store. This works perfectly alongside the Rejuve Motorcycles Monoshock Subframe.
This shock offers a much firmer ride than any other shocks for this application.
For a comparison - a Kawasaki ER6 shock has a spring rate of 190N. This YSS shock has 260N.
As well as the shock absorber, you will also receive two weld-on brackets. One for the swingarm and another for the CX500 spine at the top of the shock (this is not required if using our subframe, although still supplied)
This kit contains:
- Baseplate > 4mm thick steel, lasered to shape. It places directly on top of the rear swing arm. It has a 4mm thick steel bracket TIG welded on it, inner width 22mm, boltholes 10mm.
- Top mounting > 4mm thick steel bracket, inner width 22mm, boltholes 10mm.
- 2 high strength stainless steel bolts M10 with flange.
- 2 high strength stainless steel nuts M10 with flange.
- 1 shock absorber > specifically developed for this purpose. When the kit is mounted like it should, only then the shock has the perfect hydraulic settings and spring rate.
The baseplate as well as the top mounting must be welded to the rear swingarm and main frame. We recommend that you leave the welding up to a professional.
The placing of the baseplate shows itself, it has the exact shape of the location it must be welded to.
By varying the height placement of the top mounting, you can choose you own ride-height. We recommend you to stay close to the standard geometry.
ABE for German and Swiss customers: This kit has no ABE, when you mount it on your bike, you would have to do your TÜV as "einzeleintrag".
The safety and function of the kit and shock can be no problem, they are specificly developed for the CX 400-500 models.
We supply no documents, no declarations